- Use hot water and restaurant crystal clean to get the best results.
- Leave water in the glasses overnight if you're washing them the next day, this should hopefully loosen up any leftover wine in the glass.
- Be careful not to twist the glass as you wash and dry it, this may result in breaking the glass.
Cleaning wine glasses after use, whether its three hours after the event or two days later, is essential Fingerprints, leftover wine and marks can spoil fine wine glasses if left for a period of time and therefore they require special care.
We have produced this easy step-by-step guide on how to clean wine glasses using restaurant crystal clean glass cleaner and a handy glass cleaning brush. This cleaner is also suitable for decanters and other glass items.
How do I clean a wine glass?
Most wine connoisseurs and enthusiasts will agree that crystal stemware should be washed by hand using hot water. This is the best and most reliable way to thoroughly clean your glasses and prevent the risk of damaging your glassware.
- Rinse the wine glasses in hot water to remove any leftover wine or sediment.
- Add a couple of drops of restaurant crystal clean to your bowl/basin of hot water, or alternatively use a drop of restaurant crystal clean per glass.
- Using a glass cleaning brush (usually a sponge), clean the wine glass (the bowl, legs, base etc.) Tip: hold the wine glass carefully at the bowl to avoid breakage. It is best not to hold the glass by the stem, as this is often the most delicate part.
- Rinse the glass inside and out with hot water to remove any cleaner.
- Use a glass cleaning cloth to dry your glasses. This also removes any water marks and creates a crystal clear finish!
- Now all that is left is to pour a glass of wine (optional).
If you would like to achieve high-quality results when cleaning your glassware then try our Restaurant Crystal Clean. This is one of the most popular glass cleaning products and is used around the world by bar and restaurant professionals. It is made from entirely natural ingredients, is biodegradable and provides crystal clear results. One bottle (16oz/475ml) will wash over 2,200 wine glasses!
Glass cleaning accessories
Wineware glass cleaning cloth – medium
Wineware glass cleaning cloth – large
Use alongside our stainless steel wine glass hanging racks and the Vinology Collapsible Wine Glass Drying Rack.
Provide your glasses with the ultimate aftercare!