Riedel is one of the most recognised and leading glass manufacturers in the World. They pride themselves on high-quality lead crystal glasses, which enhance the flavour and enjoyment of the wine, champagne or spirit that you’re drinking. With over 15 different glass ranges, each has its style designed differently to meet the needs of today’s hugely popular wine drinking market.
Why use Riedel glasses?
The Vinum range is Riedel’s benchmark; it features over 26 different glass types designed for specific wines, spirits, sparkling wines and much more. Each grape specific wine glass type is made from lead crystal and is machine-blown in Bavaria, Germany. Wineware is pleased to offer the most popular Riedel glasses in the Vinum range, all of which are currently on special offer. Get 25% OFF when purchasing two sets of two (4 glasses).
Featured below are four of the most popular Riedel glasses from the Vinum range:
Riedel Vinum Bordeaux Glass – 6416/0
One of the most popular and recognised wine glasses in the World, the Bordeaux glass sphere heads Riedel’s benchmark Vinum range as it’s used by top sommeliers and restaurants globally.
- Height: 225mm
- Capacity: 610ml
- Specifically for: Bordeaux
- Suitable for: Brunello di Montalcino, Cabernet France, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Medoc, Pomerol, Sangiovese and St. Emillon.
Riedel Vinum Chablis / Chardonnay Glass – 6416/5
This popular white wine glass is perfect for Chablis and Chardonnay, as well as a whole host of other tasty white wines. It’s been part of the Riedel Vinum range collection since 1986!
- Height: 198mm
- Capacity: 350ml
- Specifically for: Chablis, Chardonnay, Viognier
- Suitable for: Albarino, Burgundy (White), Chenin Blanc, Hermitage (White), Marsanne, Meursault, Montagny, Morillon, Pinot (Blanc, Gris) and Sauvignon blanc.
Riedel Vinum Zinfandel / Chianti / Riesling Glass – 6416/15
Riedel’s multi-purpose wine glass, which you can use for both Red and White wine. It makes for a great tasting glass, but it’s grape specific for Zinfandel, Chianti and Riesling.
- Height: 210mm
- Capacity: 400ml
- Specifically for: Chianti, Riesling, Sangiovese and Zinfandel
- Suitable for: Reds: Beaujolais Nouveau, Carignan, Chianti, Dolcetto, Dornfelder, Grignolino, Lambrusco, Patrimonio, Rose, Teroldego, Trollinger, Vernatsch and Vin de Corse.
- Whites: Alsace, Chenin Blanc, Patrimonio, Semillon, & Vouvray.
Riedel Vinum Champagne Glasses / Flute – 6416/8
The Champagne glass from the Vinum range allows you to watch the bubbles race from the bottle to the top in style! Part of the Vinum range since 1986, this champagne flute still looks and feels elegant today.
- Height: 225mm
- Capacity: 160ml
- Specifically for: Champagne
- Suitable for: Cava, Prosecco and Sparkling Wine
Riedel Vinum Burgundy / Pinot Noir Glass – 6416/7
This wide bowled Riedel glass is perfect for Burgundy and Pinot Noir. The wide bowl allows you to swirl your wine effortlessly, releases the aromas and ‘break the wine up’. You’ll undoubtedly notice the difference when drinking from this glass!
- Height: 210mm
- Capacity: 700ml
- Specifically for: Burgundy, Pinot Noir
- Suitable for: Barbaresco, Barolo, Beaujolais, Dornfelder, Gamay, Nebbiolo, Pommard, Romanee and Volnay.
Riedel Vinum Syrah / Shiraz Glass – 6416/30
This famous red wine glass is ideal for Syrah and the Australian equivalent, Shiraz! It works well for a whole host of other tasty red wines, too; this glass has been part of Riedel’s Vinum collection since 1995!
- Height: 236mm
- Capacity: 650ml
- Specifically for: Syrah, Shiraz
- Suitable for: Amarone, Barbera, Carmenere, Grenache, Malbec, Mourvedre, Pinotage, Tannat and Touriga Nacional.
Riedel Vinum Sauvignon Blanc / Dessert Wine Glass – 6416/33
This multi-use glass is suitable for both white wine and dessert / sweet wines. For white wine, it’s perfect for Sauvignon Blanc, whilst for dessert wine, Ice Wine and Sauternes are fantastic. This elegant glass would make a welcome addition to any glass collection.
- Height: 214mm
- Capacity: 350ml
- Specifically for: Sauvignon Blanc, Dessert Wines
- Suitable for: White Wines: Graves, Pouilly-Fume, Sancerre.
- Suitable for: Dessert Wines: Beerenau-Slese, Ice Wine, Sauternes, Tokaji, Trockenbeerenauslase.
Riedel Vinum Montrachet / Chardonnay Glass – 6416/97
This comprehensive bowled white wine glass is excellent for Montrachet and Chardonnay. Any white wine works well in this Vinum glass; it stills looks and feels as great as it did when it was first released, back in the year 2000!
- Height: 192mm
- Capacity: 600ml
- Specifically for: Montrachet, Chardonnay
- Suitable for: White Burgundy, Corton-Charlemagne, Meursault, Pouilly-Fuisse and St. Aubin
Click here if you would like to know more about the Riedel Vinum range. Send us a tweet expressing how much you love your Riedel glasses or a photo of you using them!