Stemless glasses cause great controversy in the glassware world. There are mixed feelings towards this glassware design amongst wine enthusiasts, experts and sommeliers.
Famed glassmakers Riedel were the first company to produce stemless grape/wine specific glassware. Since then, stemless glasses have become increasingly popular with bars, restaurants and for use within the home.
Stemless glasses are suitable for both red and white wines, champagne and various other drinks. They present wine in a truly unique and striking way. However it is argued that these glasses are best suited to red wine as your hand, which is wrapped around the glass, will affect the overall temperature of the wine.
Storing stemless wine glasses
Stemless glasses are much easier to store than stemmed glasses. The design makes these glasses easy to stack and they will not take up too much space in cupboards. They are also dishwasher friendly which makes them extremely popular in bars, restaurants and pubs.
As well as being easy to store, these glasses are easy to hold. The glass shape is sturdy in the palm of your hand and fits most comfortably. Its stemless design does minimise the risk of breakage and the narrow rim allows you to enjoy the full flavours of your wine.
Wineware’s recommended storage solutions
- Easy to store in a glass cabinet or cupboard.
- If you are displaying your stemless glasses it is advisable not to stack them.
- Stemless glasses should be polished regularly to maintain a clear glass finish.
Benefits of using stemless wine glasses
- Stemless glasses are suitable for formal and informal occasions.
- They are more durable as most wine glasses if they break, usually break at the stem.
- Stemless glasses are more easily stored in cupboards than stemmed glasses.
- These glasses are small and compact so they will not take up a lot of space.
- Sturdy flat bottom design.
- They are dishwasher safe- so long gone are the days of washing up your glasses by hand.
- Useful for serving wine as well as non-alcoholic drinks like juice or water.
- Stemless glasses offer a modern and minimal approach to glassware.
- Stemless glasses are ideal for contemporary bars, restaurants or pubs.
- Less precarious when placed on table edges or worktops than stemmed wine glasses.
- Stemless glasses can be made specifically for each major wine varietal.
- Ideal for big gatherings (and being dishwasher friendly, less ‘clean up’ time).
- You can engrave stemless wine glasses – perfect for giving as a gift for a special occasion such as a birthday, wedding or anniversary. These glasses are certainly eye-catching!
- Stemless crystal black wine tasting glasses are also available and are perfect for blind wine tastings.
- Perfect for giving as a present to wine lovers.
If you need any help choosing your stemless wine glass please call us on 01903 786148. We can advise you on the stemless glasses to meet your needs.